Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

CAMP BOB IS SO CLOSE!

Hey everyone! Finals week is finally coming to a close here at Ohio University. I have one more final, and some packing to do, then it's off to Camp Bob in South Carolina! While I take a momentary break from my studying, I would like to share with you my excitement for my upcoming spring break trip. Although it's going to be a grueling nine hour drive, I already know that it's going to be worth it. I cannot wait to get back on the water. It is what every rower lives for. Any rower would be crazy to choose an erg workout over a water workout when given the choice.

Now, it's not going to be all fun and games, that's for sure. Three-a-day practices are going to be tough, but I'll definitely take them over another week of erging. We will arrive in South Carolina on Saturday in the afternoon, unpack and familiarize ourselves with the place. I'm sure those that have been to Bob before will be more than happy to show us newcomers around. I believe we start practice the very next day at the crack of dawn. We will row Sunday-Tuesday, but take a break on Wednesday and travel up to Charleston for some site seeing and shopping! Practice will resume on Thursday, and then our last day of practice will be on Friday. Even though we will be at camp for a full seven days, I'm anticipating it to feel like three.

The feeling you achieve being on the water for the first time after a winter of erging is indescribable. I simply cannot wait. And with that I leave you with hopes for a happy start to a wonderful spring season!

No comments:

Post a Comment