Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

March's Top 10

Regatta season is only a month away. I'm seriously really excited. My spring break is in a couple weeks, and I'll be heading down to Camp Bob in South Carolina with my crew team. Only two weeks and I'll be back on the water rowing. My favorite part of spring season is just the atmosphere in general. There is nothing better than the intense head to head battle of teams. Being a rower and coxswain I can tell you that spring season is so much more fun to cox. The adrenaline rushing through your body as you motivate your rowers to be the fastest crew is one of a kind. So, anyway. March's top 10. I've decided to dedicate this month's 10 to the top 10 things rowers would never want to hear from their coxswain. Enjoy.

THE TOP 10 THINGS ROWERS NEVER WANT TO HEAR FROM THEIR COXSWAIN

10. Uh oh. The cox-box just died. I'll try and yell so everyone can hear me. (Mainly dedicated to stroke seat)
9. C'mon we're already halfway there!
8. Hey bow! Get back on your seat!
7. Final 40 in 2, 1....2...(10 strokes later) *Horn signals finish*
6. I need a little more pressure on port side, we're getting kind of close to the shore.
5. Guys, i think that’s our race...we better hurry up.
4. Weigh ‘nuff in two...1....2. Oh wait, this is only the halfway mark, pick it back up.
3. Don’t get down about that boat passing you, we can re-pass them!
2. WEIGH ‘NUFF!! Sorry guys, I didn’t see that buoy.
1. Final 40 in 2! 39....40....Ok, i misjudged only 10 more! (25 strokes later).. and, weigh ‘nuff. awesome race everyone.


I'm sure as a rower, you have heard a couple of these at least once before. Unfortunately. Well that's all for now. I'm hoping to have another post up next week, so check back. 

Today, I leave you with this. Get psyched about spring season. It's right around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment